Support Groups – May 2020
(920) 497-4672 • 300 Adams St., Green Bay
Healing Through Grief – Life After Caregiving
Third Wednesday of each month. 4:00-5:30 pm.
Free and open to the public. Contact Beverly Bartlett at (920) 448-4300
ASERACARE Hospice Support Group
(920) 339-9065. Group meetings on hold until restrictions are lifted. 2nd Wednesday of the month at 2:00 pm. Free and open to the public. Contact Mandy Sarazen at [email protected]
AFFINITY VISITING NURSES HOSPICE
(920) 727-2000 or 1 (866) 236-8500 • Appleton
Fox Point Plaza, 816 Winneconne Ave., Neenah
A Time To Mourn
Six-week grief support for adults who have lost an adult loved one. Co-led by professionals trained in grief support. No fee. Advance registration required. Offered 3 times yearly. Call Angie Schuldt, [email protected]
Men Journeying Through Grief
Meeting 1st Wednesday of every month, 6:00-8:00 pm in Neenah. For men only.
(920) 434-2024 • 3370 Deerfield Ln. W, Suamico. 1st Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm.
Contact Laura, [email protected]
AURORA AT HOME
(920) 838-1886. Aurora Baycare Hospital, 2845 Greenbriar Rd., Green Bay. Call Lisa Falk
to register. Every other Wednesday, 12:30-2:00 pm
920-265-2703 • 920-265-2775 • 2420 Nicolet Dr., Green Bay. A week-long VIRTUAL day camp, June 21-26, 8:30 am-4:30 pm, for grieving children, ages 7-16. Registrations now available.
Contact Illene Cupit, [email protected] www.uwgb.edu/camp-lloyd/camperregistration
THE CARE COMMUNITY
In-Sight Books, Inc. website for Grief’s Safe Place. Visit Insightbooks.com for those who have experienced a loss.
CHILDREN’S HEALTH ALLIANCE OF
WI INFANT DEATH CENTER
(414) 292-4046 • The Infant Death center connects with families who experience a sudden and unexpected death of an infant to better understand their unique grieving needs and provides appropriate resources. Staff works closely with professionals serving grieving families to provide additional resources and self-care information for the professional. Visit www.chawisconsin.org for a complete listing of grief support and bereavement resources.
CIRCLE OF FAITH GRIEF SUPPORT
(920) 660-8066 • 18228 County R, Denmark. Grief support meeting at St. James Parish, Cooperstown. 12:00-2:00 pm. Contact Tom Bekkers
THE COMPASSIONATE FRIENDS
For bereaved parents, grandparents or adult siblings grieving the loss of a child (of any age), grandchild, or sibling. Green Bay: Meetings 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm (no May meeting). First United Methodist Church,
501 Howe St. [email protected]
DE PERE COMMUNITY CENTER
(920) 339-4097 • 600 Grant St., De Pere. Call to register for classes in Oil Painting, Stained glass, Movement to music, Themed luncheons and Music Events to name a few.
FROM MOURNING TO HOPE
(920) 737-2790 • Central Church, 831 Schoen St., Green Bay. Contact Curtis, [email protected]
Meetings will be held online Sundays, June 7 – Aug 16, 6:00 – 7:30 pm and Wednesdays, June 4 – Aug 13, 9 – 10:30 am.
Aurora BayCare Medical Center
(920) 241-1227 • 2845 Greenbrier Road, Green Bay. Renée M. Lubinski, Chaplain, Palliative Care, [email protected] Tuesday Evenings for 13 consecutive weeks.
Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church
(920) 499-7405 • 2160 Packerland Dr., Green Bay. Thursdays, 6:00 pm
Green Bay Community Church
(920) 434-9225 • 600 Cardinal Ln., Green Bay. Mondays, 6:30 pm. Facilitator: Kim Sechler, Pastoral Care Pastor
New Hope United Methodist Church
(920) 360-7396 • 1950 Dickinson Rd., De Pere. Mondays, 6:00 pm
Pilgrim Lutheran Church • (920) 965-2233. 1731 St. Agnes Dr. ,Green Bay. Mondays 6:30 pm
Spring Lake Church, Downtown
(920) 241-1227 • 301 N. Adams St., Green Bay. Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 pm. Contact: Renee Lubinski, Bereavement Director, Healthcare Chaplain, [email protected]
HEALING YOUR GRIEVING HEART
Call Ann Froelich at (920) 435-6811, [email protected] or Sheila DeLuca at (920) 336-7786, [email protected] to register. A five-week program for those who have lost someone through Death. 6:30-8:00 pm at Resurrection Parish, 333 Hilltop Dr., Green Bay (Please park in lot off of Delahaut)
(920) 241-4593 • 1145 W Main Ave., De Pere. Heartland Hospice offers a variety of support group activities throughout the year. Heartland Hospice offers a variety of support group activities throughout the year. Call or email Melissa Shea. [email protected] for more information on dates, locations and to register for current support group programing.
Website offering tools and advice for stress relief. Click on the to
(920)-321-2004 • 3237 Riverside Dr., Green Bay
Grief Support Group
Every 3rd Tuesday of the month. Green Bay
Kress Library, 333 N. Broadway, De Pere.
11:30 am -12:30 pm. Call Kacie Doxtator,
LAKESHORE GRIEF SUPPORT PROGRAMS
(920) 682-7742 • A grief group for teens: Meeting on the 1st & 3rd Mondays of the month, 6:30-7:45 pm.
First Lutheran Church 521 N. 8th St., Manitowoc. Contact Stephanie Bowman or email at [email protected]
Wings of Hope
(920) 242-1153 • Helping families as they grieve the loss of a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy or SIDS. Jenny Weier, Grief Facilitator
Stepping Stones Suicide Support Group
(920) 901-0779 • Manitowoc. Grief support for those who lost someone to suicide. For more information, contact Curtis Green at [email protected]
LIFE LOSSES GRIEF SUPPORT
(920) 865-7844 • SS Edward & Isidore Parish, 3667 Flintville Dr., Suamico.
Contact: Carol Mueller, Parish Nurse, [email protected] or Lori Flanagan, Pastoral Associate, [email protected]
MISCARRIAGE AND INFANT LOSS MEMORIAL
(920) 336-7768 • Resurrection Green Bay, 333 Hilltop, Green Bay. Contact Person: Sheila De Luca, Pastoral Associate
NEW HOPE GRIEF GROUP
(920) 496-2160 • Quad Parish Office, 1087 Kellogg St., Room 105. Grief Support meetings 1:30-3:00 pm. Call Sr. Pat Clement to register; [email protected]
ST. BERNARD GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP
(920) 496-4811 • 2040 Hillside Ln., Green Bay
Call Sr. Caroline. [email protected]
(920) 434-2145 ext. 209 • St. John the Baptist Church, 2597 Glendale Ave., Green Bay.
Contact: Ruth Holloway, [email protected]
S.O.S. (SURVIVORS OF SUICIDE)
(920) 339-8952 • Bellin Administrative Bldg., 2020 S. Webster Ave., Green Bay. For family and friends to cope with suicide loss. Meeting third Monday of each month 7:00-8:30 pm.
SHARE of NORTHEAST WISCONSIN
(920) 433-8634 • St. Vincent Hospital, 835 S. Van Buren St., Green Bay. For parents who have lost a baby through miscarriage, still birth, SIDS or neonatal death.
Monthly Meetings: On hold until restrictions are lifted. For information, please call St. Vincent Pastoral Care (920) 433-8162. Contact Lana Reinke [email protected] or Theresa Shuck [email protected]
UNITY HOSPICE BEREAVEMENT
(920) 338-1111 • 2366 Oak Ridge Cr., De Pere
Unity Hospice Grief Support: Registration required for all groups. Registration required. Groups on hold while COVID-19 restrictions are in place. Please call with interest or to inquire about current grief support options.
Navigating the Waters of Grief: A 6-week support group meeting on Tuesdays in De Pere open to any adult member of the community who has experienced the death of a loved one. Multiple offerings throughout the year in the afternoon and evening.
Afternoon (1:30-3:00 pm): July 7 – Aug. 11
Evenings (6:00-7:30 pm): June 2 – July 7;
July 18 – Sep. 1
Grief Connection: Meets the third Thursday of every month from 1:30-3:00 pm or 6:00-7:30 pm in De Pere. This group provides discussion opportunities on grief related topics relevant to those attending.
Generations– Hope for Grieving Families: Designed to support grieving families with children and teens ages 4-18. Dinner is served each evening at no charge. Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month from 5:30-7:15 pm in Green Bay.
Understanding Grief: Meeting monthly on Wednesdays.
1st Wednesday of every month 12:30-2:00 pm
Sturgeon Bay Area:
2nd Wednesday of every month 12:00-1:30 pm
Sister Bay Area:
3rd Wednesday of every month 1:00-2:30 pm
4th Wednesday of every month 12:00-1:30 pm
Women’s Luncheon: Meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 1:30-3:00 pm at a local restaurant for conversation & support. Lunch may be purchased off the menu.
Healing Thru the Arts: A hands-on creative grief workshop for adults offered the 4th Thursday of the month from 2:00-3:30 pm or 6:00 - 7:30 pm. Craft supplies provided. The workshop is led by a grief counselor who will provide support and guidance throughout the session.